REUTERS NEWS, MARCH 6, 2016:
"U.S. builds two air bases in Kurdish-controlled north Syria"
In August 2016 EurActiv.com, a Belgian news site which receives funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, claimed from two unnamed sources that the US had started to transfer the nuclear weapons stationed in Turkey....
IT CERTAINLY APPEARS THAT THE USA HAS DECIDED TO MOVE AT LEAST SOME OF THE 200 B-61 NUCLEAR WARHEADS OUT OF TURKEY ONTO AT LEAST ONE, POSSIBLY AS MANY AS FIVE, NEWLY BUILT SITES IN NORTHERN SYRIA.
BACK IN MARCH, 2016, THERE WAS THIS:
"The U.S. administration refutes accusations it is building two air fields in northern Syria."
Arbil-based Kurdish news agency, Basnews, quoting a senior official from a Kurdish-Arab coalition, called Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), reported that U.S. has begun building two air fields in Rojava, the de facto Kurdish autonomous region in northern Syria.
“One of the air fields has been under construction in Rmeilan located in Jazira canton. Its construction is nearly complete," the official said.
The official also said that another airfield has been built in a village southeast of Kobani. “It has been constructed on a 10-acre field," he added.
In late January, the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said that the Rmeilan air field was “nearly ready" for use by US military planes. The monitoring group said that the air base had been widened and US helicopters had been spotted using the air field.
“We are not building or operating any air bases in Syria," Pentagon Spokesman Jeff Davis told reporters. “That we have people there and that we have made deliveries there, and that they have to get there by some means should be no secret, but we are not going to comment on the means," he said.
IN OCTOBER, 2016, SPUTNIK NEWS RAN A SIMILAR ARTICLE:
US Military Builds a New Air Base in Northern Syria
SPUTNIK ALSO WROTE IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR, U.S. Military Builds a New Air Base in Northern Syria.
The US has reportedly set up a military base near the city of al-Hasakah in northeastern Syria.
BUT IN DECEMBER OF 2015, GLOBAL RESEARCH HAD ALREADY UNCOVERED THESE NEW AIRBASES:
"US Building Military Airbase in Northeastern Syria"
FUNNY THING, TURKEY HAS ALSO BEEN BUILDING AIRBASES JUST SOUTH OF IT BORDER WITH SYRIA.
Turkey Building Two Military Bases In Northern Syria (Photos)
Massive convoy of US military vehicles heads to new base in northern Syria.
FERRYING THOSE NUKES OUT OF TURKEY, ARE THEY?
HOW MANY DID THEY MOVE TO THE TURKISH AIRBASES, WE WONDER?
AFTER ALL, ERDOGAN DID HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF ALL 200 B-61S FOR WEEKS.
SOME SAID ERDOGAN KICKED AMERICA OUT OF TURKEY AND THERE WERE A FEW ARTICLES LIKE THESE, BACK LAST AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER:
"Turkey Demands Shared Control of US Nukes at Incirlik before Lifting Siege of US Airmen"
"Rushed evacuation of US nukes from Incirlik"
'Erdogan Holds NATO Powers to Siege at Incirlik Prior to Kicking Them out."
WHETHER THAT WAS TRUE OR NOT, THOSE WARHEADS SHOULD BE ON THE MOVE AWAY FROM THE TURKISH LUNATIC'S GRASP.
BREITBART SUGGESTED THEY WERE GOING TO ROMANIA.
CLAIM: U.S. Moving Nuclear Weapons From Turkey To Romania
'FOREIGN POLICY' SAID THAT WASN'T TRUE.
“Where do U.S. nuclear weapons travel from Turkey?” read a piece in Pravda
Romania does not have the special WS3 vaults needed to store the weapons safely.
Romania also is not part of a small number of NATO member states like Turkey that have agreed to host U.S. nuclear weapons."
HOW THE HELL COULD IT HOST NUKES IF IT DOESN'T HAVE THE 'VAULTS'?
IN AN INTERVIEW IN JULY, 2016, Hans Kristensen, the Director of the Nuclear Information Project at the Federation of American Scientists, noted that the B-61 warheads would take at a minimum three weeks to transfer from the underground bunkers in the event of an emergency, even with a full military contingency facilitating the move. During that same program retired 4-Star U.S. Navy Admiral James “Ace” Lyons told Rick Wiles that Turkey — as a NATO partner — has had their military personnel trained by U.S. counterparts on the procedures for transferring, loading, and using the nuclear warheads located under Incirlik Air Base.
TURKISH TROOPS COULD LOAD AND MOVE THOSE NUKES.
I FIND SEVERAL WEBSITES REPORTING THIS... US Air Force to quit Incirlik, move to Syria base.
THEY'D BE CRAZY TO DO SO, BUT WHERE WILL WE FIND THE WISE OR THE SANE IN AMERICAN POLITICS AND THE PENTAGON?
THE MAJORITY JUST WANT TO BOMB, BOMB, BOMB.
AFTER THE ALLEGED (aka, FAKED) FAILED COUP AGAINST ERDOGAN LAST YEAR, AFTER HE LOCKED-DOWN INCERLIK AIR BASE WHERE THOSE 200 WARHEADS ARE STORED, SPECULATION RAN HIGH THAT HE HAD SEIZED CONTROL OF THE NUKES AND WAS PERHAPS USING THEM AS LEVERAGE WITH THE U.S., WHOM HE THEN BLAMED, HOWEVER BRIEFLY, FOR THE COUP ATTEMPT.
HE THEN BEGAN TO KISS AND MAKE UP WITH RUSSIA AND EVEN HAD A RENEWED FLIRTATION WITH IRAN.
IN HIS WARPED MIND, HE PERHAPS THOUGHT THIS WOULD MAKE THE U.S. COMPLY WITH HIS WISHES FOR CUTTING OFF ALL SUPPORT OF THE KURDS IN SYRIA AND IRAQ AND KEEP AMERICA FROM LEAVING HIM HIGH AND DRY AFTER HIS UNDERHANDED FALSE FLAGS WERE UNCOVERED IN SYRIA, ALL DESIGNED TO PIT RUSSIA AGAINST AMERICA AND CAUSE OUR STRATEGISTS TO WONDER IF IT WOULD BE WISE TO MOVE THE WARHEADS AS PLANNED.
IT WAS PLANNED, PERHAPS AS FAR BACK AS 2012, TO MOVE AMERICAN NUKES TO NATO NATIONS NEAREST RUSSIA, BUT IN NOVEMBER LAST YEAR, IT WAS RUMORED BY MANY "IN THE KNOW" THAT WE'D SEE THEM GO TO SYRIA INSTEAD.
OBAMA WAS GREATLY PRESSURED TO DO SO, EVEN SHAMED BY MEMBERS OF CONGRESS AND THE PENTAGON FOR NOT GOING ALL-OUT ON ASSAD.
IT WAS ONLY THE "BIG REVEAL", THAT IT WAS SAUDI ARABIAN CANISTERS FOUND IN SYRIA IN 2013, GIVEN TO ANTI-ASSAD REBELS THAT WERE WHAT KILLED THOSE SYRIANS BACK THEN.
SEE, FROM NSNBC, Top US and Saudi Officials responsible for Chemical Weapons in Syria
YEAH, TURKEY "FOUND" SOME OF THOSE, AND PEOPLE WHO WITNESSED THE ATTACK SAID IIT WAS TURKISH TROOPS WHO DELIVERED IT THAT DAY.
WELL, IT DAMNED SURE WAS NOT SARIN THIS TIME, AS WE SAW THOSE DEAD BODIES HANDLED WITH BARE HANDS AND NO PROTECTIVE GEAR WORN BY THOSE LOADING THE BODIES AND MOVING OTHERS WHO WERE YET ALIVE.
THEY WOULD HAVE DIED THEMSELVES HAD SARIN BEEN USED.
What Sarin, the chemical weapon used in Syria, does to your body
WE KNOW THAT SOME WARHEADS LEFT TURKEY LAST YEAR TO GO ASSUAGE THE FEARS OF OUR "NATO ALLIES" (SOME OF WHOM WOULD STAB US IN THE BACK FIRST CHANCE THEY GOT) AND WERE REPORTEDLY HEADED FOR ROMANIA.
US moves nuclear weapons from Turkey to Romania
TRUE OR NOT, NATO NATIONS WERE SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER AND THE U.S. COMPLIED BY SENDING NUKES TO SOME OF THEM.
OBAMA LOVED TO PRETEND HE COULD INTIMIDATE PUTIN....FAILED.
NBC News reported on March 27th, 2016 that regional Kurdish fighters affiliated with the Syrian Democratic Force (SDF) were recently ferried by U.S. Aircraft behind ISIS lines in the area for a major ground assault on Tabqa.
The SDF claimed in a statement on Sunday March 26th that they HAD seized a military airport in the area from ISIS, without identifying Tabqa air base by name.
Tabqa is being designed to accommodate the 2,500 US military personnel housed at Incirlik.
GERMANY ALSO PULLING OUT OF TURKEY.
AS REUTERS REPORTED: Germany is in discussions with Turkey to ensure that the German ... whether they could move the planes and troops to Jordan or Cyprus..ANOTHER NEWS SITE SUGGESTED:
Like the Americans, the German Bundeswehr is also on the point of quitting Incirlik and eying a number of new locations in Cyprus and Jordan. The Germans are pulling out over the crisis in their relations with Ankara. The Americans are quitting because President Donald Trump wants to chill US ties with Turkish President Reccep Tayyip Erdogan and cooperation with the Turkish army.
The five US bases in Syria are part of Trump’s three-pronged strategy which aims at a) fighting Islamist terror; b) blocking Iran’s land and air access to Syria; and c) providing the enclaves of the Syrian Kurdish-PYD-YPG with a military shield against the Turkish army.
U.S. European Command (EUCOM) spokesman Lt. Col. David Faggard, told Turkey’s Daily Sabah when asked about Incirlik AB’s reported move that the U.S. "intends to continue to cooperate closely with Turkey."
“The Turkish air force base at Incirlik continues to fulfill an important role in providing support for NATO and coalition efforts, Lt. Col. Faggard said. “The U.S. presence there, with the permission of the government of Turkey, has been a symbol of our commitment to work with and help defend our ally and strategic partner for decades."
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HE'S DOING A PUBLIC RELATIONS PIECE TO CONVINCE ERDOGAN OF U.S. SINCERITY, OR HE'S MAYBE DOING WHAT ERDOGAN REQUESTED (THAT BIT ABOUT "WITH TURKEY'S PERMISSION") AND ASSURING TURKEY'S ENEMIES THAT THE U.S. WILL CONTINUE TO COVER ERDOGAN'S BEHIND?
WHETHER ERDOGAN OR TRUMP, OR OBAMA BEFORE HIM, ORDERED THE NUKES MOVED IS YET TO BE SEEN, BUT WITH THE LOGIC OF A ROCK, WE ARE PUSHING THIS MIDDLE EAST-KOREA COMBO TO THE WALL.
WHEN 'FOREIGN POLICY' WROTE IN JULY, 2016, THAT America's Nukes Aren't Safe in Turkey Anymore, THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT.
IT MAKES BETTER SENSE TO MOVE THE NUKES AS FAR AWAY FROM TURKEY AS POSSIBLE, AWAY FROM THAT CERTIFIABLY INSANE LITTLE WOULD-BE 'KING OF THE WORLD'.
TO MOVE THEM TO SYRIA JUST BASICALLY HANDS THEM OVER TO TURKEY ANYWAY SINCE ERDOGAN WANTS ESCALATION IN SYRIA, WANTS TO SEE RUSSIA AND AMERICA DESTROY EACH OTHER.
'SULTAN' ERDOGAN IS FIRE AND AMERICA IS PLAYING WITH HIM.
WHEN POOR, POLITICALLY DUMB TRUMP ROSE TO THE BAIT OF "ASSAD HIT HIS PEOPLE WITH NERVE GAS" , HIS NOSE RING WAS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED AND HE WILL BE LED BY IT FROM NOW ON.
WE CITIZENS HAVE "NOWHERE TO RUN TO, BABY, NOWHERE TO HIDE" SHOULD WE COME UNDER NUCLEAR ATTACK.
IF TRUMP DOES OR ALREADY HAS PUT NUKES IN SYRIA, PUTIN AND IRAN AND JUST MAYBE OTHER PLAYERS WILL, TOO.
ISRAEL IS RIGHT NEXT DOOR....
ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY "ARMAGEDDON"?
AS A POSTSCRIPT TO ALL THIS...THINGS ARE REALLY HEATING UP OVER THERE IN THE SAND AND THE KOREAS.
HEADLINES FROM TODAY TELL US THAT.
"RUSSIA, IRAN, SYRIA ISSUE WARNINGS TO U.S."http://www.debka.com/newsupdatepopup/20362/Russia-Iran-and-Syria-issue-warning-to-US
"AIR CHINA SUSPENDS FLIGHTS TO NORTH KOREA"
SHOULD THERE BE NUCLEAR WAR... HOW THE U.S. GOVERNMENT WOULD SURVIVE (IF IT SURVIVED)...
If the U.S.presidency could survive after a nuclear war, what exactly would it do afterward? How could the surviving commander in chief be identified? Who would identify him? How would he fulfill the three main functions of the presidency: to be the chief executive of the government, the head of state, and the commander in chief of its armed forces? Carter’s answers came in the form of Presidential Directive 58, which was issued in the final months of his presidency; Ronald Reagan amended those plans with his own presidential directive in 1983. Their contents inform the continuity of government plans that remain in effect for the Trump administration. They have been the object of a multibillion-dollar pastiche of programs.
At the time, the principal federal plan for catastrophic disasters like nuclear war — Federal Emergency Plan D — called for each federal agency to design, develop, and build its own hardened, underground facility. In an emergency, the government would be run from the bunkers. Most agencies did not take the responsibility too seriously.
By the time Jimmy Carter became president, the country was spending less than $100 million a year on civil defense, compared with more than $30 billion a year to keep its nuclear weapons from becoming obsolete.
The federal government proved eager to spend money to upgrade weapons, not to protect the population or help them survive a nuclear attack. In the 1970s, many government agencies gave up planning post-disaster operations, assuming that the various federal organizations that had the word “preparedness” or “mobilization” in their titles were taking care of it.
The American public said in polls that they wanted a civil defense program. But they lived in peace and didn’t pay attention to its development. They might have assumed that a big program existed somewhere out there, ready to be used in a Soviet attack.
NOPE, NOT ONE SHRED OF PREPARATION FOR AMERICAN CITIZENS IN CASE OF ALL-OUT NUCLEAR WAR.
WE ARE ON OUR OWN.
BUT WE WOULD HAVE MARTIAL LAW...
After nuclear war, martial law would almost certainly have to be declared, and the military given extraordinary powers to manage resource distribution. But the government also assumed that some sort of martial law would be required before the start of the actual war. As soon as it believed a war might be imminent, the government planned to move significant parts of the population, specifically those who lived near significant strategic military targets, and policymakers knew this might require a degree of coercion, even force. The military did not like to talk about this scenario, and neither did politicians. Plans were therefore developed in secret and classified, ensuring less visibility and public accountability.
And what about members of the government themselves? In an emergency, or a changing of the Defense Condition status, the Joint Chiefs of Staff would order 60 officials to primary relocation sites. The government operated a so-called special facility atop Mount Weather in Berryville, Virginia, where a cadre of top executive branch officials would ride out a nuclear war. Other standby relocation sites were near Hagerstown, Maryland, and Martinsburg, West Virginia, at the Marine base near Quantico, Virginia (for the FBI), and Front Royal, Virginia, near a facility where the State Department was supposed to reconstitute.
Still others were hidden at colleges inside or near the Beltway.
But the Army and Air Force had enough helicopters to transport only about a third as many officials as would be required — assuming that above-ground transportation was possible.
And for any top American leaders who managed to make it to Mount Weather, their ability to communicate with federal agencies, other governments, and the American people was questionable, at best, not least because the sites were generally minimally staffed. Many political leaders disdained suggestions that they practice for war or the very idea they would voluntarily hide themselves in secret bunkers away from the public and their families.
Over the objections of the Pentagon, Carter eventually endorsed a consolidation of the government’s civil defense and continuity programs into one agency and set an ambitious goal. During an all-out nuclear war, the government would aim to have 80 percent of the country survive — and it should prepare to do so on a budget of less than $250 million per year. On June 19, 1979, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) was written into existence.
FEMA would take charge of the FPA’s Continuity of Government program Ray Derby had been working on, but he would be tasked by FEMA with taking control of the special facility at Mount Weather, becoming, for all intents and purposes, its mayor. Its secrecy would increase, as would its budget and footprint. It would be responsible for the official survival items list, the stockpile of resources that would be needed to rebuild the government after nuclear war.
Meanwhile, the White House was focusing on the hardest challenge of all — providing a mechanism for presidential successors to execute nuclear war orders during and after a nuclear exchange.
Early in Carter’s presidency, the director of the White House Military Office, Hugh Carter, convened a small working group to review the White House Emergency Plan, the top secret document that set out how the Secret Service would evacuate the president — and how the White House Military Office would instantiate successors if the president were killed.
The basic blueprint was contained in a series of proposed PEADS — presidential emergency action documents — which National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski’s military aide Col. Bill Odom then reviewed and revised. Odom, as he wrote in a memoir, found the proposed procedures conspicuously lacking in both imagination and a connection to reality.
When Carter’s presidential directive codifying these changes went into effect in late 1980, the CIA set up its own secret agency, the National Intelligence Emergency Support Office, which would be headquartered in Virginia, receive input from all CIA directorates, and deploy three-person successor support teams to randomly chosen TREETOP locations at a moment’s notice.
We also know, from budget documents, that agencies began to request more money to fund successor support teams. We know that the Pentagon began to test hardened mobile command centers. We know that the Air Force developed plans to add electromagnetic bandwidth devoted to continuity of government to its latest satellites. We know that a designated presidential successor would start being brought to Mount Weather during events that gathered all the branches of government together, like the State of the Union address.
We also know that Reagan found the system inadequate. He was briefed on it before his presidency, but his participation in the 1982 Ivy League war games convinced him that a survivable presidency was untenable and a major gap in the defenses of the country. One of his top aides, Thomas Reed — along with a Marine attached to the National Security Council by the name of Oliver North — persuaded Reagan to permit some modifications to Carter’s system, rather than abandon it.
Flash-forward 35 years. Russia has taken Crimea by force, and an under-resourced NATO worries that an invasion of the Baltic States could bring the alliance to the brink of war. The United States worries that North Korea is on the verge of mating nuclear warheads to intercontinental ballistic missiles that could reach portions of the Unites States.
President Donald Trump can still be baited with tweets, has resorted to military force against a sovereign nation backed by Russia after seeing television images of children dying from exposure to sarin gas, has spoken of building a bigger (and not just better) nuclear arsenal, and has not (yet) demonstrated the temperament to respond to a crisis with tact.
Emergency survival plans have evolved since the era of Jimmy Carter. We can safely assume that presidential successors will be authenticated by something more than a whispered code name.
But the threats that might prompt their use are still nearer than we all would hope.